[at-l] Boots, Bugs, Etc.---

anklebear wrote:
>What about some of the other ways of dealing with bugs, like taking
>brewer's yeast tablets or garlic tablets?  Sassafras oil rubbed on?  I know
>that you have to take a lot of brewer's yeast to do any good, but I've seen
>it work for people who actually followed the directions.  Grandma Gatewood
>kept a sassafras branch pinned on her hat to keep bugs at bay.  Does that
>really work?  I'm just guessing about the garlic.

anklebear -
Baltimore Jack gave good advice.

The only thing I'd add would be that Supplex has worked well for us for both
mosquitos and black flies. I have Supplex pants and shirt.  They don't like
it, don't land on it, don't bite through it.  But that does nothing for the
areas that are uncovered.  Carry Deet.  And use it.

Walk softly,
Jim