[at-l] Zip Stove & soot

this may be true for the older style alcohol stoves, but  some of the new
designs burn as hot and cook just as fast as any white gas stove... if yu
goto the Pa ruck I will demonstrate the one I make and give away

> Of course, the alcohol
>stove cooks slow and is not as hot as other stoves

as for the blackened pot.... it might be a tad bit messy but a blackened pot
boils water faster and uses less fuel.  one idea is...
after you pack the stove inside the pot and place it into the stuffsack...
put the stuffsack into a plastic grocery bag then into your pack...   or do
the same and ditch the stuffsack.   you can replace the bag free as you
resupply in towns.
   your backpack is really the only stuffsack you should need besides you
food bag , tho I carry an extra for clothes so I can have a pillow when not
using my foodbag as such

the ashes can be tossed into a fire ring when out    or dig a cathole  and
dump the cold ashes there... if hot add a bit of water after you dump into
the hole  and stir with a stick...   1 oz of water is plenty since its such
a small amount of ashes.

 the stove should only take 10 min or so to cool down as long as its not
chock full of fresh wood when you are done cooking, once the wood is done
burning the embers burn out rather quickly

FreightTrain