[at-l] MacKaye And The Silent Majority (Red)

--- RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/14/02 7:11:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> DaRedhead@aol.com writes:
> > A few '02 prospective thru hikers, and other section
> > hikers,  have itemized their gear lately, asking for advice
> or help.  Last  time I checked, that is more in tune with what
this list is about than arguing about the different philosophies
between Avery and MacKay.

>    *** Who is fooling who? You know good and well I'm not
> attacking helpful advice for hikers.
### Oh sure you are. And have been. And will continue.

> So it isn't that I'm trying to convert the List as much as
> the List is trying to exclude serious Trail talk.
### Except that a week from now, in some post where your brain
will block out what you've already written 325 times, you'll
write "and so this site [sic] needs to get woken up, and alerted
to all the dangers to the Trail Project, and I am the only one
who will carry this agenda over the pervading silly banter of
jokes and pack choices..."[*] as you've done so often before.
You're going to correct us from our evil ways.

### Humbug. Bah.

Sloetoe

     [*]quoted directly from some future or past RnR post
somewhere. Phooey.

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!