[at-l] hiking pole questions

I've been using the white cane since my mother lost much of her vision and I
attended the class with her.  The first time I held one, I said to myself,
"Hey, now here's a nice walking stick."  Knowing how to use one as the
vision impaired do can also help with night hiking...  At $17 each and
having different changeable tips available for just a little extra, you
almost can't beat them.  Of course, they aren't made to support your whole
weight, but they work very well to stabilize you in rough terrain - which is
what a good walking stick is supposed to do.

Shane Steinkamp