[at-l] hiking pole questions

130$?  Wow!  And to think for all those years I just used a stick I found...

Now, though I use a white cane, or blind cane - and no, I'm not blind.  They
are strong, light, collapsible, and come in many lengths.  I get my from
Independent Living Aids.  (http://www.independentliving.com/) (Click on
products, canes)

They aren't super-overbuilt like some of the 'hiking poles' I've seen on the
trail, but they work for me.  When I want them, they are there, and when I
don't feel like using them in nice terrain, they fold up and stuff right
into my pack.

Shane Steinkamp