[at-l] MOST important hiking info.for thru-hikers...sorta'

Dear Listers,
   I would highly suggest that you buy a phone card with an 800 number on it.
I happened to have one that had the newer 888 number and some of the older
places (where hikers love to stay) phone systems do NOT accept phone cards
dialed to anything but 800. Trust me! I had to go out on tired feet and buy
an 800 phone card.
   Of course, you don't carry the hard plastic or heavy cardboard card. It is
written in your journal, etc.;p}
   Just a little detail that I would never have known unless I had learned on
trail.
Hike Happy!
Dare

multipart/alternative