Pole use, was Re: [at-l] (no subject)

oops - not meant to have been private in the first place (this is the only
list I'm on that doesn't automatically reply to the whole list and I forget
. . .)

I've already begun my own tuckerizing this year  - went from an external REI
to a Kelty Flight, got my own Hennessy Hammock (which I'm also looking for
some help with at the ruck as I got it just as the cold weather came in this
year, so haven't used it yet).  From a Whisperlite to a PocketRocket and now
have ordered my very own TinCanStoveMan stove.  etc, etc. (hoping at the
ruck to learn how to make my own fun stove experiments!)  From a thermarest
to a Zrest.  I think the last time I hit the trail I was around 28 lbs with
food and water.  A lot different than the stuff I carried across the Grand
Canyon on my first backpacking trip 30 years ago.  So I'm getting there, but
still looking for help.

Oh - and I've been tuckerizing *myself* as well this year.  Trying to cut
some weight from the pack last May I happened to look in the mirror and
ended laughing my a** off as I realized that the most extra weight wasn't in
the pack, but on the bod.  so . . . have lost 20 pounds from that load as
well (with 20 more to go).

so all in all, I'm toting a lot less weight on the trail these days, but the
knee still keeps screaming.  Old basketball stuff.

Susan