[at-l] Re: nickname - but very, very off-topic

DTimm65344@aol.com wrote:

> And Mackinac is spelled either way.  And it was Midge's fudge with the pink
> and white awnings, at least it was 35 years ago.
>
> Peace.
>
> Dave

Sorry Dave, you're right about Mackinac -aw, the town is spelled Mackinaw and the
Island Mackinac, but the spellings tend to be interchangeable.  The original name
of the fort at the Straits is Michilimackinac.  As for fudge, I don't remember
Midge's, but there is still a May's, and of course, Murdick's which is operated
by several cooperating and competing factions of the Murdick family of which two
live here in town.

Fudgies and Conesuckers, where would we be without them?

Ron