ATC ceiling clarification... Re: [at-l] Creation of the AT

Bob Cummings wrote:

> "...How 'bout McKay & Avery both portraying God on separate sides of the canvas
> pointing their fingers at each other."
>
> I think the lack of any protest over these "humorous" attempts at distorting,
> discouraging and ridiculing rational discussion of an important issue demeans
> the list.
>
> Weary

Really Weary,

This illustration I have suggested portrays a historically accurate idea.  Although
MacKaye lived well into his 90's, he never reconciled his relationship with Avery.
They were philosophically miles apart on a trail that became something neither of
them anticipated it would become.  The rift came in the mid 1930's over differences
in trail planning - most notably over skyline drives and access to the mountains.
In his later years, the  oft quoted MacKaye never acknowledged Avery; eventhough,
the trail would not be what it became without either of them.

You want to discuss, discuss.  But don't blatantly criticize other's ideas -- no
discussion belongs to any one person's idealistic precepts.

Lighten Up.

Ron