[at-l] Endangered Bird Fodder Windmill

RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:
>The windmill people should be made to undergo an environmental review
>regarding endangered and non-endangered bird kills. Any property should be
>required to be open to outside party inspection for endangered bird kills
>underneath any wind turbine.

RnR -
I let this go the first time, but  - the bird kills from ALL windmills in
the US is around 70,000 per year.  The bird kills from auto collisions (US
only) are around 57 million.  Plus the 97+ million from plate glass
collisions.  This isn't even an issue.

>They should also be made to recognize and detail their impact on the AT.
>The Saddleback pussy-footing can't be repeated.

Why?  Justify that viewpoint - not from an AT or even a hiker perspective,
but from a business, public policy OR governmental perspective.  Unless you
can do that then you don't understand the problem and you're proposing
solutions that are one-sided, ultimately unworkable, selfish and, as TJ said
at one time, greedy.

>An investigation should be done to see if these towers are meant to
>provide power for any sweet-deal massive condo developments near the AT or
>in any other incompatible rural area.

This one I like - but even if it's so, what are you gonna do about it?
Actually - it's your idea - so do it.

>When the towers are in, and the town is built, the AT will be sure to
>follow on Saddleback. Now you know why the pols were tough against the AT
>there...

LOL - you DO live in a constant state of fear, don't you.

Walk softly,
Jim