[at-l] Re: Re[2]: ATC ceiling clarification...

RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 1/11/02 10:03:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:
>>Frankly, what's been demeaned here isn't the list, but Benton MacKaye -
>>and it's RnR who's consistently done that, not those who ridicule RnR's
>>extremism.
>>

>For a man who doesn't bother to answer why I think his comments are
>wrong you seem to hold a strong one line opinion of a rather sophisticated
>topic. I'll say it outright, I don't think you really understand MacKaye at
>all Jim (or "OB" for that matter...)

OK, RnR --- let's find out what you "do" know. We'll start with something
basic.

MacKaye defines 2 (repeat - two) kinds of wilderness.  What are they, how
does he define them and what are their characteristics?  You claim to "know"
Mackaye's mind and intent.  But do you "know" his basic definitions?

>   I think it's necessary to have an understanding of what is being said
>before one can deem it "irrational" or not...

Walk softly,
Jim