[at-l] No TV/VCR

kahley,

You're right.  An escape is an escape.

>From Curtis:
>PS. Even the nature shows on TV are weird.  It's speeded up.  Nature is
>nowhere near that fast.

I can't count the number of times I've had to tell kids "This isn't the
Discovery Channel" or "This isn't Animal Planet" when they've gotten
impatient about waiting for a meteor, or a bird, or a deer, or even a fish.
*Very* impatient children!

There was a book written in the 50s that I read as a kid in the 60s (I can't
remember its title) about how advertisers were using colors, etc to "push
your buttons".  Very insidious.

Charles