[at-l] RE: RE Fleece Other Clothing Recommendations Gaitors

  Ellen and Weary
   I loved my gaiters. I used them mainly for warmth in the AM and in rain,
since I wore shorts 99% of the time (snow, rain, etc). I wore them over my
wind pants the day I climbed Mt. Washington and went to Madison hut. The wind
(-2 wind chill) was trying to make ship sails out of my wind pants and my
legs were warmer. If you think I was going to stop between Eisenhower and
Lakes of the Clouds Hut in that temp to put on long johns, it just wasn't
gonna happen;-] My southern exposure doesn't like that much exposure in those
temps <g>

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---