[at-l] gods and goddesses on the trail

> First, any attempt to call a man a god is ludicrous, therefore open > to ridicule.

Ahem . . . I can think of all sorts of situations in which such metaphors are neither ludicrous nor ridiculous, and chief among them are religious, sexual, and hiking contexts. And, further, to avoid any allegation of gender bias, I'm certain I've seen and no doubt Felix, too, has seen a goddess or two on the trail.  Sheesh, I can make ANYTHING topical.

> Second, lack of response *is* a response.

Not in the context of voluntary participation in an email list . . . no one has any obligation either to post or to respond to a post here, therefore no one can draw any implication from silence in this forum . . .

> Third, there's a probability that many list members delete
> threads/authors they tire of without bothering to add comment.

Two and three, together, do not compute . . .