[at-l] caffeine addicts unite!

askowronek@mindspring.com (Amy) wrote:

"Excedrin has gobs of caffeine in it.  Take one when you
get up.  It's easier than making coffee, especially
if you're not a big coffee fan.  It'll stave off the
pain."

So do vivarin or nodoze, but my stomach can't handle them.

I measure my coffee intake off the trail in pots (not cups) per day - I
inherited the dreaded Scottish caffeine gene from my mother.  I hit four pots
each and every day and have since I was 18, off the trail.  My friends and I
have decided my body will quit moving 2 or 3 years after I expire, at which
point I've left instructions to donate it to medical science.

On the trail, I drink one cup of coffee each morning (I use the tea bag style
of Folger's - my off trail brand) and I'm good for the day.  No headaches
ever.  If I tried that on an offtrail day, my head would explode by 6:15 a.m.
(I get up about 6:10 a.m.) - go figure.

Black&blue