[at-l] What would you do? (When the world ends) Marcel Proust's answer from 1922

I've not owned a television for three years, and attempted to avoid them for the past five. So many better things to do ... to read, to walk, to write! That said, I had access to a television over New Years, and it taught me a little psychology lesson. I was alone, and I was terribly ill. Enough that friends urged me to go the emergency room, but I wanted to wait it out and see the doctor after New Years. I found the fear made me crave human voices... ironic, since mine was gone, so I couldn't hold a phone conversation. So I turned on the TV and let it blather in the other room for a few hours at a time, to reassure me that I wasn't alone in the world. I was too busy reading and writing and sleeping and coughing to WATCH it, but wanted a voice nearby. Weird, eh?

Cheers, Navigator