[at-l] Gear approval/recommendation (waterfilter)

Clark Wright writes:
> that can go in a platypus-type water bag . . . or use one of the 1-quart
> dip and sip bottles that have in-line filters . . . I used one of those,
> plus one other 1-Liter Nalgene in the winter, and switched over to the
> platypus with in-line filter in the summer . . . putting potable aqua
> tablets into the bag whenever I thought the water was especially dicey
> (the filter takes out most of the taste).

OK, I tried to mate my platypus with the safewater gravity filter
and had trouble because the filter attachment for the platypus
expected a hose with a different inside radius than that of the
safewater filter.

What am I missing?  How have others done this?