[at-l] Re: car camping coffee

As a rule I'm not a fan of instant coffee either, but I tried the stuff MSR sells and it wasn't that
bad. It is pricey, but it wasn't bad.

I've also made coffee using the little MSR filter thingie. Place it over the cup and slowly pour
boiling water through it. YOu can also just place it in the cup with the ground in the filter and
let it steep like you would tea. The thing REI sells might be a bit better since it looks easier to
balance on the cup when pouring boiling water through it.

The only times I'd consider a french press or maybe even one of those little GSI Espresso makers is
on a winter trip when I am pulling gear on a sled and weight doesn't matter nearly as much; or, an
overnight/weekend in real mild weather and I want to splurge.

Canoe camping would be another possible time, but I don't get to do much of that.

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **