Re[2]: [at-l] The (insurance) weasels strike again

At 10:10 AM 1/9/02 -0500, Bob Cummings wrote:
>"...the use of the word catastrophic is very appropriate if something happens
>that puts you in the hospital for six months."

snip

>   We once told her doctor that we were "lucky" to have such good
> insurance. He
>   replied, "It wouldn't have mattered. Once a bill gets as big as yours
> we never
>   expect to get paid anyway. It's just what we do."

What they do is spread that cost around to others
in the form of higher costs.  I know it's sorta like the
way my insurance company spread the cost of my
bill around to other people in the pool, but in my eyes,
it's not the same.

We worked hard to pay off that co/pay.  Really hard..
for years.  Changed our lives in many ways.
I could not have done otherwise as a manner
of honor and because of karma.

If someone saves your life, I figure ya outta pay the bill
lest the forces of Karma decide to repossess.  <g>