[at-l] New member

Hi everyone,

My name is Kelly Winters (Trailname Amazin' Grace) and I hiked most of the
AT in '96 (Hello, any '96 trailbuddies out there--I'd love to hear from
you). I got off in Maine because of knee injuries, which are finally fixed.
My partner and I have also hiked most of the Long Trail, only 80 miles
left, hopefully we can do them this summmer. That's a beautiful trail, I
highly recommend it. Rugged and remote, you can hike all day in the peak of
summer and see very few people once you get off the part that's concurrent
with the AT.

I was on the old (now defunct) "WATL" list and have been on the
"WomenHikers" AT list ever since it started.

My partner and I will be attending the PA Ruck and for the potluck supper,
will bring big loaves of Italian bread with real garlic/olive oil to put on
them.

Jan Leitschuh told me that someone on this list was asking about my
book--it's called "Walking Home: A Woman's Pilgrimage on the Appalachian
Trail." You can get it at Barnes & Noble, Amazon, or from the ATC. I'll
bring a few to the PA Ruck, in case any Rucksters want to check it out.

Happy hiking everyone, I'm psyched to see folks at the Ruck and learn some
new hiking/gear tips.

Grace (Kelly Winters)