[at-l] Fleece/Other Clothing Recommendations

OK - heading to the outfitters tomorrow with sufficient money in hand to try
and finalize the clothing for my thru-hike...Here's what I have so far, and
I'd appreciate all the recommendations I can get to fill out the gear list!

What I have:
(2) Patagonia Silkweight Cap. T-shirts (to hike in/base layer)
(1) Patagonia Midweight Cap. Bottoms (hike in these usually until I warm up)
(1) Patagonia Midweight Cap. Top
(1) Patagonia Exp. Cap. Bottoms - Winter Only
(1) Precip Pants - Rain and Outer Layer when needed
(1) Precip Jacket - Rain and Outer Layer when needed
(1) Marmot AT Gloves - winter only
(1) OR Balaclava - winter only
(2) Socks and liners

What I need:
A heavier upper layer - was thinking a Puffball or R2?
Anything Else??

I also typically hike in cheap Wally World nylon soccer-type shorts - but
was considering buying something like the CloudVeil Cool Shorts, or other
"hiking" shorts.

Thanks for the input!
Ed '02