large animals and their ways... Re: Fwd: [at-l] Best Tent for Tru-Hike? ['03]

--- Mara Factor <m_factor@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Well Tom,  It was very apparent that I happened to camp in
> that moose's usual morning path.  It didn't matter that I was
on a nice wide beach and there was plenty of room to go around
my tent.  It wanted to travel by it's usual path, and to do so,
it stepped over my tent while I was in it. ...

AND JIMO WROTE...
> >Didn't say they cared - just that they use the trails. ...
Ask the moose that let us know she wasn't pleased when we set up
camp in her path to the lake in Maine.  Or the monster moose who
didn't like us setting up in his path in Idaho (and we were in
an impacted campsite at that).  Or the bear ... Or the ...deer
### Ahhhh, see a pattern yet? The animal doesn't care. If it's
the Trail it's walking, fine. If it is *not* the trail it's
walking, fine as well. For example(s), see above.

> >LNT = stealth camping.  Not camping in the trail.
### LNT means LNT. Situations dictate LNT, not fixed
prescriptions. You know that....

Toe'dy

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!