[at-l] Kelty Flight 4500 reviews?

I have the Kelty Flight 60, now called 4500. It is the Large. I have
wrapped a Thermorest Guidelight 3/4 around the stays and used the mat
folded alone (sort of like a firmer rucksack).

The thing about the Flight is the need and necessity to spend some time
packing, bending the stays, repacking, stopping, and resorting things until
you get the stays bent just right. When that happens, you have a
terrifically comfortable, stable and light pack. I'd get the medium from
your description, but the way the shoulder straps have a pretty fixed
location, you really have to depend on the curvature of the stays to make
things comfy.

That said, the pack should be the _last_ thing you purchase. You want to
have the rest of your gear and assure you can get it into the pack of your
dreams. The Flight still has the available hazard of several expansion
bags, and we all know that gear and weight will fill up available space. If
you get the gear first and have to work to get it into your bag, you are
less likely to need a TNF Beheamoth Pack, with side airbags, coffee grinder
and cappuccino maker, with auxiliary solar cell phone battery chargers.

OrangeBug