From: Charles Copeland [mailto:charles@uswnet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 9:53 AM
To: at-l@backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [at-l] Injury reserves

I think most people assume that a simple scratch is going to heal.  I've
grown up being cut and scraped by briars, cats, knives, roads, etc.  I've
very rarely had any kind of infection from them so for years I never really
took them seriously.  However, a few years ago my brother thought a scratch
on his finger was "nothing" and did nothing to take care of it.  Six weeks
later his finger was being operated on and a tendon removed.

I now make sure I clean and disinfect the tiniest of scratches!

Charles