[at-l] Re: Creation of the AT

I have no intent to tarnish MacKaye's central inspiring impetus to the AT.

In fact I wish every hiker would read the "proposal," in its entirety --
not just excerpts, banter around out of context.  [Come to think of it, I
doubt that most folk who have put foot on the AT, even know of the article,
or have read any excerpts -- much less the whole thing.]

However, I will not relegate others to the category of "hacks" -- who
conceded and compromised MacKaye's version as at any sign of resistance.

To me they refined, improved, applied, and developed "the inspiration" into
a living reality.

Chainsaw