Creation of the AT [Was Re: [at-l] Cold Questions]

"...the trail (both as originally constructed and as it evolved) departs in
many, many significant ways from the (MacKaye)  _Journal...._ article." says
Chainsaw

And of course he is right, as R'n R and all of us who have been around a few
years, know. But I think we need to separate the basic concept, the vision, that
Benton expressed, with the details.

Details reflect the times. The vision is why an obscure article in an obscure
journal produced this magnificent, though still imperfect, reality.

Weary