[at-l] Taking care of business - walking belongings

That has been a recurring theme, which is defiantly worth calculating.

This idea is based on assumptions about what you own, what your income level
is/was, what your post hike income level will be, whether you will be
changing jobs w/ or w/o a move, and similar factors, which vary all over the
place with different hikers.

What would have worked best for me would have been quite different 1) when I
(still single) got out of the service vs. 2) when I (now married) got out of
college vs. 3) when I made a couple of career changes vs. 4) now that I am
retired.

The cost of the storage vs. the value of what is stored, is not far removed
from cost of the moving household goods vs. the value of what is moved.
BTDT, a number of times.

BTW -- The cost of the storage does not stand alone, if there is likely to
be a job change/move involved.  For example, when I got out of college our
next home was to be some distance away.  So, storing something would have
encumbered the additional cost of moving it later.

Also, the "value" of what is stored should be the "value to you in your post
hike (storage and/or move) life."  For example, when I got out of the USMC,
the amount of stuff which I owned and which I could use in civilian life was
minimal.  Most of what we had when I got out of college was typical "early
marriage/ancient attic" -- not worth storage and/or moving costs, in what we
hoped/planned for the future.

So, defiantly worth calculating -- IMHO

Chainsaw