[at-l] New Lister Bio

Hi Everyone!

Since I have been lurking for the last couple of months, I decided it was
about time to introduce myself, especially since I expect to start a NOBO
thru-hike of the AT in 6 weeks.  Right now, I am just about FREAKED OUT by
the long list of stuff I need to finish before I start.  I am sure that it
will come together but am still shaking with excitement.

I am trying to figure out how I can get to the PARUCK at the end of the
month so I can meet some of you b4 I leave.

Jay

PS. Who has the smashmellows right now?

Name:         	Jay Bowlin
Trail Name:       None Yet
Home:             Cleveland, OH; grew up in Illinois.
AT proximity:     Harpers Ferry, is about 320 miles...
			I am about 6 hrs in a car from 300 AT miles
Born:             Evanston, Illinois.
Age:              just turned 39 a few days ago
Marital Status:   Not Yet
Kids:             None
Education:        BS, Mathematics 1989

Most recent job:  Network Design Engineer
Current job:      None
Interests:        Hiking, Music, Books, Food Experimentation
                  dancing, massage therapy, yoga

Motorcycle I miss: 1972 BMW R75/5 but had to sell 2 years ago

Last book read:   Lord of the Rings Trilogy for the 10th time

Favorite soft
     beverage:    ice water
Favorite hard
     beverage:    cold: Hard Cider
                  cool: Half 'n Half (Irish version of Black & Tan)
                  warm: german beer
Favorite food:    Shrimp Stroganoff.  Too bad I can't eat it unless
			I have been backpacking everyday for a while. Good
			thing, I plan on doing just that.

Favorite ice cream: B&J used to make a wonderful Peanut butter cookie
			  dough in chocolate ice cream, 2nd is Wavy Gravy

First real AT reference: Jerry Oakes, my surrogate father since my
			dad died when I was 5.

First time on AT: May, 1975, Family went to visit Jerry Oakes who had
			recently moved to Troutville VA from IL.

Backpacking Exp:  Most of it occured when I was a kid going on 2 or 3
			week trips with the family.  As a teenager, I also
			went on a 2 week backpacking trip in the Tetons.
			Weekend trips to the Alleghenies. As an adult, I
			realized that I needed alot more outdoor time to stay
			reasonably sane.