[at-l] Hiking food you love to hate...

Gave up on oatmeal within the first two weeks and I only had it for one out
of three or four breakfasts anyway.  I just didn't want to cook in the
morning.  I grew luke cool on Nutrigrain and Kudos bars but still liked them
enough to eat them.  I enjoyed Poptarts the entire way and still do.

I also discovered the Grab Bags of Cracker Jack at one point and thought
they made a pretty good breakfast.  Not much different than lots of cold
cereals, I suppose.  Bulky though.  Did cold cereal and powdered milk once
or twice but mostly found it easier to just eat the cereal dry.  Captain
Crunch (or probably peanut butter crunch) has about the most calories/ounce
carried in the cold cereal department.

Got sick of my GORP after realizing that the raisins in prepackaged GORP
pull all the yummy salt off the peanuts.  The GORP tasted like it was made
with unsalted nuts.  Blech!  By then, I was also realizing that I didn't
like to have to handle too much food and reaching into a bag for handfuls of
GORP got my hands all greasy.  Yuck!  Maybe dry roasted would have worked
but I find them dry at home and can't imagine liking them on the trail.

I think everything else worked OK for me.  Never really got sick of any
dinners and since lunch stuffs were mostly bought en route, I just bought
what I wanted to eat at any given time.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99