[at-l] Taking care of business - walking belongings

I think Paula and I took the same hike.  :-)

I did what she did.  Uhaul internal storage - didn't pay for "climate
control" but on the fourth floor of a five story building, the only thing I
would have had to care about was temperature.

One more thing to consider...  They do spray for insects in the facilities
and while they do not go into the individual units the units aren't air
tight.  Be sure anything you care about is well wrapped.  I found a couple
of dead bugs in my stuff but it was nothing to write home about.  For all I
know, I brought them with me when I moved into the facility.

If you decide that something you have really does need climate control, then
chances are you'll need two rooms.  The climate control rooms are smaller
and more expensive.  Get a regular one for most of your stuff and get the
smallest one that will accomodate what you need to maintain in climate
control.

As for picking a facility, things to look at are the hours, the hassle
factor for getting to your stuff, and of course, the cost.  Around here, I
wanted one in this general area so my sister could get at it if necessary
while I was gone and it was close to where I had been living so moving cost
was minimal.  I had a choice of about four facilities.  Just compared all of
the above and decided.

Oh, and make sure they don't give you a room that's up any stairs.  It's
worth paying a few extra dollars a month for a floor level room.  Using the
elevators was fine but in my Uhaul facility, each 12' floor was divided and
half the facilities were up a 6' flight of stairs.  Ugh!

Mara
Stitches, GAME99