[at-l] Best Tent for Tru-Hike? ['03]

Good point.  The trails are many animal's favorite highways at night (and
during the day, too).  Sleeping on the trail may just get you stepped on by
a moose or something.  And believe me, they do NOT like going around you.

Besides, the original query was for a tent suitable for newlyweds.  Get the
old style two person Nomad (if you can convince Kurt to make one).  The new
one fits two but has a pole in the middle.  The old one has no such
"barriers."  :-)

I can't imagine any place on the AT where you couldn't find a suitable place
to tent with a little bit of forethought and planning.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99

P.S.  Night hikers are also animals that might step on you.  And if
traveling without a light, they might not be able to tell your bivy from a
rock...  :-)  Memories of startling a couple of night hikers when we were
camped on the road (but off the main trail) at the Audie Murphy site come to
mind.