[at-l] Cold Questions and a cat answers.

Dare,

Reference Squeaks Weaver's post, dated January 7, 2002, which you typed,
advising of SW's preferences for warmth.

Two cats share a house with my wife and I and our dog.  They are generous to
a fault, allowing us all to share the same bed.  In winter, every night, the
cats come to the head of the bed and wait for one of us, usually me, to
raise the covers.  They crawl in and sleep snuggling between my feet and the
calves of my legs.

When hiking and there is no threat of precipitation, I sleep in the open
with my sleeping bag on a mattress pad.  When it rains or snows, I may sleep
in a shelter or below a tarp.  I remember an instance of bad weather, when
an opossum would repeatedly climb down a nearby tree and approach me in the
same manner as my cats.  I would hiss and he would retreat.  This process
recurred several times that night.

I have this nagging concern, some animal will approach me at night, when I'm
really tired and half asleep, and I'm going to hold open my sleeping bag and
"invite" the animal (my faux cats) to come in and sleep with me.

If Squeaks is not literate, not that this is a bad thing for a cat, please
read this aloud.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Anxiously,

Steve