[at-l] Best Tent for Tru-Hike? ['03]

### How about "no" tent? How about two bivy sacs (22oz each,
real world) plus a sil tarp (6x10, 16 oz[?]). That would be 60
oz (3.75 lbs) total, provide you with tremendous flexibility in
not having to pick a nightspot with tent-sized footprint (e.g.,
you can sleep in the middle of the trail, 'end-to-end' if you
desire); you can/will leave the tarp behind before you get out
of VA, as mostly unused; and you will not be tied to each other
by complicated equipment links, should it become necessary to
hike alone.

ORrrrrrrr,
carry poles and get a two person Nomad.

Sloetoe