Re[2]: [at-l] Re: lightweight snickers

"...I can see snickers turning into gel in the summer time"

 I ate at least 10 Snicker Bars a week, often more, while walking between
 Springer and Katahdin. I don't recall any "messy" problems with this relatively
 inexpensive energy bar. Snickers seem to have just the right combination of
 sugar, peanuts and chocolate. At least in 1993 it was by far the most popular
 snack I saw hikers using.

 Nor do I recall any complaining about messy fingers or gel bars. I kept such
 things in the middle of my pack away from the direct rays of the sun or my
 heated back.

 It's easy to speculate about what "might" happen while on the trail. But I
 found that most of the worries evaporate once the hike begins. The problem is
 not the things one worries about at home, but the unexpected things that crop
 up during most hikes.

 Weary