[at-l] Taking care of business

--- Amy <askowronek@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Or did you mean it was an inconsiderate question?
> If so I apologize.

Amy -- there is no inconsiderate question to ask when
it comes to dealing with the possibility of an
upcoming thru-hike via a mailing list. Your question
is precisely on the mark. Not having done (or being
able to address) the pre-planning adequately for a
thru-hike is a major factor in what keeps people from
starting a thru-hike or, in the case of already having
started a thru-hike, not completing a thru-hike.

Issues like...

*) How do I pay for this?
*) What will my spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend,
significant other do while I'm gone (if a person has
all of these concurrently, they may have way too many
issues to address to allow yourself to consider a
thru-hike, Ha)?
*) What am I going to do after my thru-hike is over?
*) Why am I considering a thru-hike anyhow?

Those are the issues that crop up in one's head after
the novelty of starting a thru-hike is over.

So...anyone...ask away if you have questions about
hiking on the AT or thru-hiking.

Datto