[at-l] Taking care of business

At 07:02 PM 1/6/02 -0500, Amy wrote:

>What do you folks do about the rest of your lives while
>you're gone?  Do you not own houses?  Do you not have
>pets, children, other responsibilities?
>
>Just wondering.  I'm getting a housesitter for the month
>I'm gone but it would be harder to make work for six months.
Well Amy,  That's the major reason I will only be hiking for a month in
Spring 2003 rather than attempting a thru.  I don't want to dump all the
responsibility on my very patient wife for 6 months.  I may do a second
month in September.  At that rate I can finish in 2-3 years.

As for a thru, if that's what you *really* want to do houses can be closed
up, bill paying, pet care, etc. can be arranged though good
friends/spouses/parents.  Some folks on this list are unattached, some have
significant others who are willing/able to get along without them for 6
months.  A few are running away from relationships (consciously or
unconsciously).  This is a diverse community that is probably very much
like every other community except that the AL-L folks are obsessed by long
distance hiking.

sAunTerer