[at-l] toe sox

At 10:24 AM 1/6/02 -0500, NansLuck@webtv.net wrote:
>Ok, heres a Q? for ya. Has anyone ever tried wearing toe socks as liners
>for hiking? Our teen daughter has several pair, and we were discussing
>the "why's" about them. I said that I thought they may cause too much
>rubbing between the toes. She indicated that there is absolutely no
>rubbing, and that it DOES keep toes warmer. ...clip...

Under what conditions did your daughter test the comfort and warmth of 'toe
socks'?  From my own experience I know that mittens beat gloves for warmth
because having fingers together in one space they warm one another just as
two people keep a bed warmer than one.  I question whether having your toes
individually surrounded by material would really be warmer than having them
up against one another.  As for rubbing, there is a big difference between
wearing toe socks around the house or to school and walking 10-15 miles in
hiking boots.  Has she done that in them?

sAunTerer the skeptic