[at-l] lightweight snickers

Not as good for long term calories as with the extra peanuts. You
really want the protein and fat of the peanuts for hiking. Rice is
great for great immediate calories, and has been used to help augment
candy at least since WWII. The Nestle Crunch bar is probably the most
familiar one.

But I'd stay with the original Snickers bar for immediate and longer
term energy. I also carry oatmeal Little Debbie Cakes for similar
reasons, but much higher calorie per ounce. They are the perfect first
course while drinking cocoa in camp.

Bill...