[at-l] TN state parks -- whazzup?

Yep,  It is called politics.  The governor and the legisleture are fighting over a state tax.  The outgoing governor wants one and the legisleture people do not want to loose their job so they vote against it.  The legisleture fixed the budge problems last year with the states portion of the tobacco settlement.  I am not sure what they will do this year.  Therefore the gov says we do not have money, so we will cut back on state park usage.  Plodder

Mom just told me she'd seen a newspaper article this week that numerous
Tennessee state parks are shutting down for the winter (and perhaps
indefinintely?) due to lack of funding. The parks returned deposits to
campers and picnic pavilion renters. Anyone have the scoop on what's going
on? I find it tough to believe a state would just blow off its state park
system that easily...

Cheers, Navigator