[at-l] Hammock Camping---

David wrote:

>>Er, to follow myself up, I have the 15 oz tarp because I might
>>have somebody hiking with me, so that's actually shared weight.
>>

> Do you cut the tarp in half to share in carrying it?

Of course not.  Do you not share gear?  I carry some, you carry some..
My point was that I could use a smaller tarp if I intended to sleep
alone.

Um.. okay I'm not taking that subject to the conclusion that just
came to mind.

>>If I went with the hammock she'd have to figure something out for
>>for herself.  :)
>>

> Something cool about the hammock tarp set up is that I can let at two
> grown-up ground dwellers sleep under my tarp and still feel safe from me
> falling from the tree . . . .

What happens when you need to get out of the tarp during the night?
Is there enough room to not step on the ground dwellers?

-amy