[at-l] The best thing about Winter Hiking...

The winter hike I went on was on the North end of the Smokies.  It was not all that quiet.  We met kyakers and at camp we met some boys from Atlanta.  They did not bother hanking their food, and while talking around the fire, we spent most of out time chasing coons.  Now I did enjoy standing on rocks in Big Creek and watching the trout swim on the bottom.  I do not know I have ever seen such crystal clear water.
Plodder

The absolute silence when you pause and listen (creating the illusion, albeit
brief, that you are the one and only person on the planet).

Black&blue

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.