[at-l] hammock camping

This will be long and fragmented...

G4 Z-rest issues. Use the 6-section option. It slides in vertically, 2
sections wide by 3 deep. It can be used in combo with the reflector, see
below. The reflector alone will not give any support, and may not fit
the pocket anyhow.

Reflector. I've tried using the Thermarest, good luck staying on it.
Also have done the Space blanket slung underneath, tends to collect
water and MAKE A LOT OF NOISE. My current method of choice is a roughly
6'x2' piece of reflectix( a truck sized sunshield) with fleece hot glued
to one side. The fleece acts as a noncompressible layer, creating the
airspace needed for the mylar to do its thing. I glued the fleece along
the edges on three sides. I left the top open, and can slide the Z-rest
in there for use in a pinch in a shelter/tent/somewhere not hanging. I
sleep directly on the fleece, and pile my WM Aspen on top like a quilt.
the reflector wraps up the sides of the hammock, and seals in the heat
nicely. This setup came out of discussions on BGT and BPL between
listers and Tom Hennessy.

Hammock to buy/demos. Go with a Hennessy. Ease of entry and stability
alone make it worth it. I haven't tried the Clark yet. I'll be bringing
a Hennessy, a Lawson, an Amazonas, and hopefully a Crazy Creek to the
GARUCK for perusal. Check the hammock reviews on BGT. They're
informative. They're also witty and well written. Did I mention I wrote
a few of them?

Setup instructions. It's not Elvish, it's Canadian ;)

-Rob