[at-l] fixing broken eyes (o.t.)

I know this doesn't have anything to do with most of you presby-my-opics
out there, but to those of us who're seeing with better than 20/10 eyes,
you all look the same...<ducking and dodging but not too hard because
you can't see me>
=20
I got this in the mail today from nasa news.   It's about "bionic"
implants to replace non functioning rods & cones.
I thought it was interesting.
=20
-r
=20
NASA Science News for January 3, 2002

Using space technology, scientists have developed extraordinary ceramic

photocells that could repair malfunctioning human eyes.

FULL STORY at

=20
<http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2002/03jan_bioniceyes.htm?list667411

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2002/03jan_bioniceyes.htm?list667411