[at-l] Re: winter and glasses

I got to tell you all that I have experience with that
lip gloss type stuff that's supposed to keep your
glasses from fogging and my experiences aren't that
great. I first bought the stuff because I have to wear
glasses while riding a motorcycle which presents the
same problem in the winter time with your helmet and
all. I didn't work one bit but then again that might
be a little more extreme than what one might encounter
hiking.

One thing that came to mind though was that OR
balaclava that goes over your nose but has a kind of
mesh material in front of your nose to allow your
breath out. That might do the trick. Does anyone have
experience with that type of balaclava?

Oh, and a very cheap way to prevent your glasses from
fogging up is something I picked up during swim
practice, which is to simply use some of your own spit
and rub in on your glasses. (Now don't go shouting
about how the Dutch are all rude and groce, this
really is a true thing...)

Byebye,
Kajsa

PS In a very good mood today. I got myself a pair of
capilene long johns using a gift certificate for being
the best dressed salesperson at the outfitters at
Christmas time. Imagine an outfitters where (even if
it was for only one day) all the sales people are
dressed in tuxedo, or worse a penguin suit (and then
demonstrating the use of a Whisperlite) and/or dresses
and high heels for a change. I've never heard
customers talk about the way we looked as much as that
day :-)