From: <Slyatpct@aol.com>
To: <at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 11:57 PM
Subject: Re: [at-l] Side trip suggestions for Year 2002 thru-hikers

In a message dated 1/2/2002 11:16:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
datto_atl@yahoo.com writes:

> Mags mentioned about camping away from the shelters
> and enjoying some of the scenic areas of the Trail.

I think my all time favorite nonofficial campsites was at the Priest
Overlook.  We stopped at the shelter and loaded up with water and did the
additional half mile on hopes of catching a view and a sunset at the
overlook.  It was one of the best of both I've ever seen.  While the others
were busy setting up the tents among the beautiful rhododendrons just off
from the overlook, I just sat there in awe.

Highly recommended!!  4Stars!!!!

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html