[at-l] Snow!!!

 This is great! I haven't seen this much snow since I lived in NJ!!  We've had more than 5" fall since 4:30 this afternoon.  We've had both large flakes and small flakes here.  It snowed big and fast earlier; it's smaller and even faster now.  I've had to go sweep off our porch every hour since 6 pm.  My siblings an I had a snowball fight earlier today, my sister made me promise that I would help her build a snowman tomorrow.  It doesn't show any signs of letting up either. Forecasts say that it's supposed to snow until tomorrow evening and then it's also predicted that it will start snowing again on Saturday or Sunday.  This is so awesome!!
Alexis, the very happy southern snowbunny ;-)
  Delita Wright <delita@mindspring.com> wrote: You seem to have gotten the brunt of it. Ours was not the big
flakes blowing
sideways. It was lots of tiny flakes. I would say we have
only an inch or so and
it doesn't seem to be much coming down right now. But the
national weather map
looks like there could be more to come. I hope. I hope.

I was out the first hour and am heading out again as soon as I
finish eating.
Testing the polypro sweats w/ nylon pants and goretex
overcoat. I can't find my
new Army issue toboggan! I think I must have left it in my
son's van yesterday...

This is why hiker's like hikers. Everyone else thinks we're
nuts to gear test in
the middle of a snowy night. Hikers think we'd be nuts not
too. :) I think I'll
sleep on the balcony again and see if I don't need the goretex
bivy, if just the
tyvek tarp is enough. I just want enough snow so they close
the university and I
can try my new homemade hiking poles on the greenway trail in
snow tomorrow. ;-)
I almost went for it with my mini-mag tonight... (but it is
officially closed at
night, and...) LOL

Have fun! Loved your trip report. Awesome.
Delita

Jan Leitschuh wrote:

> Hey,
> At least three inches have accumulated on my porch rail since 4:30!
> It is above my ankles in the pasture. I was out "gear-testing."
> Ha!
>
> Clark Wright wrote:
> >
> > just finished throwing snowballs with my wife and little girl down here
> > in little ole New Bern, NC - hey, Buffaloe, NY - eat your heart out! :)
> >
> > Jan Leitschuh wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey! Ha! It is snowing hard in the South! hard! It's about going sideways,
> > > and is starting to accumulate.
> > > I have been out in it about an hour, bedding the stock down, filling extra
> > > water buckets in case the power goes (a race between ice and drinkability),
> > > and sweeping off the steps so I don't fall on my tail in the morning.
> > > We are just warm enough here in Southern Pines we usually get sleet first,
> > > then ice, then the pine trees break and take down the power lines. But this
> > > is sure-enough powder.
> > > Sorry, Northern people, if this is old hat. New hat down here - even if I
> > > did hail from Wisconsin once.
> > > --
> > > ========================================
> > > Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.