[at-l] Aqua Blaze

A Google (or Dogpile) search on "Shenandoah rafting Harpers Ferry" turns up a
wealth of information. I have used RiverRiders and was very happy with them. One
option would be to hike down the Tuscarora Trail from the AT to Bentonville on
the South Fork Shenandoah - there are two river outfitters there at the trail
crossing. Another would be to hike down the Dickey's Ridge Trail to Front Royal.
Both are neat hikes. Or you could start from the "Trespassers will be Eaten"
crossing, an easy hitch. Usually, a river trip is downstream back to base, so I
would look to your target destination, in this case Harpers Ferry. Also, if your
pack will accompany you (as opposed to the outfitter taking it back to the
take-out point) you need to consider canoe versus raft/tube. If the latter, the
outfitter can generally provide a waterproof container/float for your pack.
Tubing, IMHO, is more fun.

Hope this helps.

- Gary from Fairfax