[at-l] Favorite Knife ?

> Can anybody recommend their favorite knife
> (and where to buy it).
>
> I would like it to
> a)weigh nothing..  :)
> b) have a single blade.

Hey Karin. I was pondering a knife I recently saw at the Lowes Hardware
tool department. I didn't notice the manufacturer because I was thinking
in terms of a hiker's knife vs a tradesman's knife. If I only use it for
backpacking, then I don't feel I need the ruggedness of a Case or Buck.
What I did notice was:
1) orange handle which would make it easy to find if dropped
2) a place to attach a lanyard if desired
3) a locking blade
4) a single combination straight and serrated blade
5) very light to be 3 inches long
6) reasonable priced, about $10

If I weren't so cheap and didn't have to consider the cost of everything
for months before buying, I feel sure I would have bought that knife on
the spot. The orange handle and hole for a lanyard strike me as valuable
features because I've dropped my mini Buck which has a black handle and
had to look diligently to find it.   Hopeful