[at-l] Re: Loss of the AT thru-hiking "mystique"

In a message dated 1/1/2002 7:17:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, lucy@uia.net
writes:

> 1.  I agree with Earl on some things. For example, the walk into Monson
>     should still be there.

It's still there unless they built a big moat around Monson.  If you walked
the entire way, would it matter if you took old AT at times?  Some of my best
experiences were on old trail, walking by faded white blazes and wondering
who walked by.

If someone feels guilty about their hike, shame on them, nobody sets the
rules.

> >     By the
>     way, I also agree with Earl in the fact that the trail often goes
>     over every hill in sight without a purpose sometimes and passes
>     prettier sites. At other times, the trail will go near the top, but
>     not over the top of a mountain. The priorities need to be switched.

The trail got much easier for me when I quit bitching about it.  You're not
going to change the trail while walking it.  Relax and enjoy yourself.

> 2.  How about hiking "experience" instead of hiking "scene"?
> 3.

There you go, now you're getting it and no I don't.

Sly (who's trying to get his post quota for '02 done on the 1st day)

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---