From: Jack James
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Sent: 1/1/02 2:32 PM
Subject: [at-l] Air Travel with Empty Fuel Bottles

Does anyone have suggestions on air travel with empty stove (MSR) fuel
bottles?  I've been stopped once when I was checking a box with
backpacking
gear, but was able to carry on the bottle (before September 11).  For an

upcoming trip out of the country to a destination where I might not be
able
to buy the bottle, I'm planning on removing the red paint, filling the
bottle with water, and saying it's a water bottle.  MSR says water won't

hurt the bottle.

Jackrabbit